Real Estate in the 21st Century
As a Realtor working with RE/MAX Accord, my wife and I serve the the greater Alameda and Contra Costa regions. Having lived in both North Oakland, Rockridge district and Lafayette, we have assisted clients from Hayward to Albany and from Orinda to Alamo. Our network of RE/MAX Accord offices in Montclair, Lafayette, San Ramon, and Danville enable us to offer board based services in both counties and offer convenience to our clients.
The Changing Climate of Real Estate in Northern California
I understand that the real estate market in the Bay Area has changed dramatically over the past 10 years and especially in the last 3. Real estate ownership continues to be an essential and important goal for couples, families and investors. From a strictly financial perspective, property ownership over time has shown to be the best method to leverage investments- far better than the stock market. It also allows for significant tax advantages. As a result, the current trends in Real Estate call for a deeper understanding of market momentum and property values, as well as the ability to offer creative strategies to sellers and buyers in a highly competitive market.
Full Service Real Estate- A Client Based Approach
I have incorporated over 25 years of diverse entrepreneurial business experience into my Real Estate practice (over the past 16 years). My experience with start up businesses; business planning, negotiations, and working with thousands of retail clients has enabled me to bring a creative vision and special social skills to my real estate practice.
For over 16 years, I have worked with residential clients, builders, contractors, lot buyers, income property investors and landlords. I have owned income properties and have been directly involved in all phases of residential sales, property renovation and income property development since 1990.
I bring these wide ranging skills to the table for each client. In this competitive market, often one has to chose between just a handful of properties and the deciding factor may be minor renovations or a major a foundation or drainage problem. I help clients weigh these decisions carefully and often assist in remedying them through my extensive connections with over 70 service providers. For sellers, it is critical to prepare and plan properly for the marketing and presentation of a home. We implement a detailed marketing plan to achieve best price and value in this market.
Real Estate with Less Stress
Real Estate transactions can be a stressful and difficult time but it does not have to be. By temperament, I am calm, patient, and objective which supports a harmonious and cooperative relationship with clients, other agents and parties involved in a transaction. I also encourage the sharing of direct and honest opinions with clients which I believe is essential to creating trust and in making the right decisions in real estate and business.
* To give full consideration and time to your needs and goals whether they be financial; time constraints,(e.g. escrow closing period, 1031 tax exchanges); renovation strategies; or finding the appropriate service providers to complete work on a property before or after the sale.
* I make available to clients my extensive Service Providers Network. I have available upon request a resource list of reliable service providers for all aspects of property improvement whether for pre-sale preparation or post sale renovation. Many of these providers are ones that I have direct experience with. This service has saved clients time and money.
* I offer a wide range of creative alternatives and solutions to real estate transactions. The art of negotiation is critical in real estate as is being able to generate creative plans to solve "problems" and issues that come up.
* I have available the full resources of our firm, RE/MAX Accord which has 8 offices and over 400 network agents.
* Graduated with Honors from University of Wisconsin 1972.
Post Graduate Degree in Education
* Created first business start-up in 1976; franchised in 1981. (Sold off or closed operations in 1996)
* Performed interior design and renovations on retail operations from 1976 to 1995.
* 30 years experience in all phases sales, marketing, advertising
* Expertise in Real Estate and business negotiations for 25 years
* Extensive continuing education in business and real estate education
* Supervised or consulted with project managers in residential and income property renovations ranging from "cosmetic fixers" to complete "tear downs" rebuilt from foundation to finished project
* Began real estate activities in 1990- I have owned and managed residential income properties since 1988.
|Service Areas:||LaFayette, Oakland, Orinda, Albany, Berkeley, Walnut Creek.|
|Year First Licensed:||1998|
|Clubs & Awards:||Executive Club|